Hollister and Son, Messrs.

Dates Active in Dublin: 



Partnership of Philip Hollister and his son William Castles Hollister.

In 1751 'Messrs. Hollister and Son' built a new organ for the French chapel in St Patrick's Cathedral, indicating that Philip had taken William Castles into partnership at this date.

From at least 1751 until Philips's death in 1760, father and son worked together under the name 'Messrs. Hollister and Son'. In 1760, Philip's duties at St Patrick's and Christ Church cathedrals were taken over by his son William Castles.

Select Product/Work List: 


  • Organ: St Patrick's Cathedral, French Chapel, 1751 (Dublin Gazette, 23–27 July 1751, cited in Boydell, Calendar)
  • Organ: Cloyne Cathedral [additions], 1750, 1754, 1766 (Grindle)
  • Tuned and Maintained [during this period]

  • Organ: Christ Church Cathedral (Grindle)
  • Organ: St Patrick's Cathedral (Grindle)
  • Organ: St Mary's Church (Boydell, 'Hollister')
  • Organ: St Michan's Church (Boydell, 'St Michan's')
  • Last Update: 26-09-2013